Built for flexible digital presentations, the BG-PS21-4K is a KVM switcher that enables two devices to be connected to the same display at output resolutions of up to 4K@60Hz. Thanks to its USB-A ports, users can control two connected devices with one mouse and keyboard. These USB peripherals can be shared between the HDMI/Host connections and the USB-C connection. The device will also automatically switch inputs when a signal is detected via HDMI.
With the ability to de-embed audio and support for audio formats such as LPCM 7.1 audio, Dolby Digital® Plus, and DTS-HD® Master Audio™, you’ll be able to capture crystal clear audio from your presentations.
Connectivity & Control
With two HDMI ports for input, the BG-PS21-4K can easily connect two separate devices. There is one HDMI output to send the signal to a single display, enabling presenters to share content during meetings. This device supports HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2. The resolution for HDMI inputs supports up to 4Kx2K@60Hz. There is also a USB-C port which offers 4Kx2K@30Hz resolution. Additionally, the USB-C port provides 40 watts of charging to keep devices online through the entirety of a presentation. Auto-switching between active inputs is also supported.
Using the two USB 3.0/2.0 type-A ports, peripherals like mice and keyboards can be connected to control active content. The unit itself can be controlled via front panel buttons of the RS-232 interface. A 4-pin DIP switch is also provided for EDID settings. A balanced audio output is also included for audio de-embedding.
This KVM switcher is a great option for small to medium sized conference rooms needing extra connectivity for multiple presenters during meetings. Our four-device KVM switcher, the BG-UHD-KVM41 may be a better fit if more than two devices need to be connected for presentation events.
High Resolution InputsInput Resolutions Up To 4K2K@60Hz
Plug and PlayEasy To Install And Use
Multichannel Audio SupportedLPCM 7.1, Dolby Atmos®, TrueHD, Digital® Plus, DTS: X™, And DTS-HD® Master Audio™ Pass-Through
EDIDEliminates Connection Issues
Auto-SwitchingAutomatically Selects Input When Change In Signal Is Detected
HDCP 2.2High-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection Creates A Secure Source To Display Connection
- 18G 2x1 switcher with HDMI and USB-C inputs
- Supports HDMI 2.0, 4Kx2K@60Hz 4:4:4, HDR 10, Dolby Vision, HDCP 2.2
- Smart EDID management for various applications and customized settings
- Supports automatic switching
- Provides charging on USB-C port up to 40W
- Balanced analog audio for audio de-embedding
- Controllable via front panel buttons and RS232
- Provides USB data (USB 3.0/2.0) and 4K video transmission on USB-C port
- Front panel buttons trigger both CEC and RS232 commands for display control
|Video Input||(1) HDMI, (1) USB-C|
|Video Input Connector||(1) Type-A female HDMI, (1) Type-C USB|
|HDMI Input Resolution||Up to 4Kx2K@60Hz 4:4:4 8bit|
|USB-C Input Resolution||Up to 4Kx2K@30Hz 4:4:4|
|Video Output||(1) HDMI|
|Video Output Connector||(1) Type-A female HDMI|
|HDMI Output Resolution||Up to 4Kx2K@60Hz 4:4:4 8bit|
|Audio Output||(1) AUDIO OUT (Stereo balanced L/R)|
|Audio Output Connector||(1) 5-pin terminal block|
|HDMI Audio Format||LPCM 7.1 audio, Dolby Atmos®, Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby Digital® Plus, DTS: X™, and DTS-HD® Master Audio™ pass-through|
|Stereo balanced L/R audio Format||PCM|
|Max Output Level||2.0Vrms ± 0.5dB. 2V = 16dB headroom above -10dBV (316mV) nominal consumer line level signal|
|THD+N||<0.05% (-80dB), 20Hz ~ 20KHz bandwidth, 1KHz sine at 0dBFS level (or max level)|
|SNR||>80dB, 20Hz ~ 20KHz bandwidth|
|Crosstalk Isolation||>70dB, 10KHz sine at 0dBFS level (or max level before clipping)|
|L-R Level Deviation||< 0.3dB, 1KHz sine at 0dBFS level (or max level before clipping)|
|Frequency Response Deviation||<±0.5dB 20Hz ~ 20KHz|
|Output Load Capability||1KΩ and higher (supports 10x paralleled 10KΩ loads)|
|Stereo Channel Separation||>70dB@1KHz|
|Control||(1) EDID, (1) FW, (1) RS232, (1) HOST, (2) DEVICE|
|Control Connector||(1) 4-pin DIP switch, (1) Micro-USB, (1) 3-pin terminal block, (1) Type-B USB 3.0, (2) Type-A USB 3.0|
|HDMI 2.0 Cable Length||4K@60Hz 4:4:4 ≤ 5m, 4K@60Hz 4:2:0 ≤ 10m, 1080P ≤ 15m|
|Operation Temperature||14°F ~ 131°F / -10°C ~ +55°C|
|Storage Temperature||-13°F ~158°F / -25°C ~ +70°C|
|Relative Humility||10% ~ 90%|
|External Power Supply||Input: AC 100~240V, 50/60Hz, Output: 24V DC 2.71A|
|Power Consumption||54W (Max)|
|Dimension (W*H*D)||6.6" x 1.0" x 3.7" [168.0mm x 24.5mm x 95.0mm]|
|Net Weight||0.54lbs [245g]|
- 1x BG-PS21-4K 2x1 Presentation Switcher
- 2x Mounting Ears with 4 Screws
- 4x Plastic Cushions
- 1x 5-pin Terminal Block
- 1x RS232 Cable (3-pin terminal block to DB9)
- 1x Power Cord
- 1x Power Adapter (24V DC, 2.71A)
- 1x User Manual
- Power LED: This LED will illuminate red when the device is connected to the power supply.
- HDMI Input LED: This LED will illuminate green when the HDMI input is selected in AUTO mode, or will illuminate in orange when the HDMI input is selected in MANUAL mode.
- USB-C Input LED: This LED will illuminate green when the USB-C input is selected in AUTO mode, or will illuminate in orange when the USB-C input is selected in MANUAL mode.
- SELECT AUTO/3s Button: Press this button to select the next input source, or hold this button for at least 3 seconds to enable auto switching mode. Note that the factory default switching mode is AUTO.
- DISPLAY On Button: Press ON to turn on the display.
- DISPLAY Off Button: Press OFF to turn off the display.
- Audio Off Button: Press this button to mute/unmute the display audio.
- Volume Down Button: Press this button to decrease the audio volume gradually, or hold it to decrease the audio volume constantly.
- Volume Up Button: Press this button to increase the audio volume gradually, or hold it to increase the audio volume constantly.
- EDID: 4-pin DIP switch for EDID setting.
- FW: Micro-USB port for firmware upgrade.
- HDMI IN: HDMI port to connect HDMI input source.
- USB-C IN: USB Type-C input that provides 40 watts of charging for connected sources.
- HDMI OUT: HDMI port to connect to an HDMI output video display.
- AUDIO OUT: Connect to this 5-pin terminal block to output balanced audio to external audio devices.
- RS-232: Connect supported devices to this 3-pin terminal block for RS-232 control.
- HOST: Connect to this USB 3.0 Type-B port for host connection.
- DEVICES: These two type-A USB 3.0 ports are to connect peripheral devices such as a webcam or a speakerphone.
- DC 24V: Connect the 24V power supply adapter here to power the unit.