The BG-DA-12GS1X8 is a 1x8 12G-SDI splitter and distribution amplifier. This device can split an SD, HD, 3G, 6G, or 12G-SDI video source up to eight SDI outputs simultaneously. For any situation where range, quality, consistency, and reliability are all factors, this unit is the correct choice. Whether you need to connect additional displays for video feed monitoring, distribute a 4K signal over a long distance, or daisy chain and cascade multiple units to build a large scale video distribution solution - the BG-DA-12GS1X8 will help you get the job done.
Connectivity and Features
Each output from the BG-DA-12GS1X8 is buffered independently and re-clocked eliminating signal disruption and making it possible to extend signal transmission to greater distances. With automatic input cable equalization, 12G-SDI signal can be transmitted up to 70m (230 ft), 6G up to 100m (330 ft), and up to 180m (594 ft) for 3G connections.
The device has a maximum SDI bandwidth of 11.88 Gbps to support high quality video transmission with low latency when splitting video to multiple outputs. Installers can also utilize the device’s LED indicators that show the status of signal lock and current video rate to reduce the amount of time system configuration is needed.
The device’s design is built around quality and durability. With an inter-locking power supply and SDI connectors as well as a metal housing with mounting brackets, this device is built to last while maintaining reliable video transmission.
- Locking Connectors – Ensure your video cables do not accidentally come unplugged with locking SDI connectors
- Long Distance – Send a 3G-SDI signal up to 594ft
- Portable – Great for use in the field or when you need multiple displays of the same source in different locations
|Multi-Rate Support||Auto detection of SD, HD, 3G, 6G or 12G Signals|
|SDI Compliance||SMPTE 424M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 344M, SMPTE 259M, DVB-ASI,
|SDI Data rates||1.485 / 2.97 / 5.94 / 11.88 Gbps|
|Video bandwidth||11.88Gpbs & 11.88/1.001Gbps|
|Cable equalization||[12G] up to 70m (230ft)
[6G] up to 100m (330ft)
[3G] up to 180m (594ft)
|RP-198 pathological patterns||Immune|
|PCB stack-up||4-layer board [impedance control — differential 100Ω; single 75Ω]|
|Input||1x BNC [SDI]|
|Output||8x BNC [SDI]|
|BNC connector||75Ω inter-locked socket|
|Eye pattern characteristics[12G]||Amplitude: Within 800mV (<10%) Rise/Fall time: Less than 35ps
Timing jitter: <1.0 UI (10Hz to 1188MHz)
Alignment jitter: <0.3 (100KHz to 1188MHz)
|Dimensions [L x W x H]||Model: 5.2″ x 2.1″ x 1.1″ [133 x 53 x 28 mm]
Package: 7.8″ x 5.4″ x 2.9″ [198 x 137 x 74 mm]
Carton: 1’4″x 1’3″ x 11.8″ [420 x 400 x 300 mm]
|Weight||Model: 7 oz [198g]
Package: 0.9 lbs [425g]
|Power supply||5V 2A DC|
|Power consumption||2.5 Watts [max]|
|Operation temperature||32~104°F / 0~40°C|
|Storage temperature||-4~140°F / -20~60°C|
|Relative humidity||20~90% RH [no condensation]|
- 1x BG-DA-12GS1X8
- 1x 5V power adapter
- 1x BNC 75 ohm terminator
- 1x User Manual
- 12G/6G/3G/HD/SD-SDI Output 5-8: Connect to an SDI display.
- Micro-USB: For updating firmware.
- 5V DC power jack: Connect to provided power supply.
- 12G/6G/3G/HD/SD-SDI input: Connect to an SDI source.
- Power LED indicator: Illuminates when connected to power.
- 12G Signal LED indicator: Illuminates when connected to a 12G source.
- 6G Signal LED indicator: Illuminates when connected to a 6G source.
- 3G Signal LED indicator: Illuminates when connected to a 3G source.
- HD Signal LED indicator: Illuminates when connected to a HD source.
- SD Signal LED indicator: Illuminates when connected to a SD source.
- 12G/6G/3G/HD/SD-SDI Output 1-4: Connect to an SDI display.