Introducing the BG-Commander-Jr, the compact yet powerful professional-grade joystick controller designed to meet the demands of a variety of applications. With its 2-axis joystick and zoom bridge key design, this controller provides refined control, durability, and stability, ensuring smooth and precise camera movement.
The BG-Commander-Jr sets itself apart with its 7-level PTZ speed control, providing operators with complete control over their camera movements with a visual indicator to show the current speed level. Image parameters such as exposure and gain are easily adjustable with knob-style controls and their own small displays showing current value for easy reference.
Connectivity and Control
This versatile controller is designed for simultaneous communication and system compatibility, supporting integrated VISCA, UDP, and PELCO P/D control protocols in addition to RS232, RS422/RS485, and IP(UDP) interfaces. Operators can rest assured that the BG-Commander-Jr will seamlessly integrate with their existing ecosystem, providing easy and reliable control. Whether you need to manage a single camera or a cluster of five, the BG-Commander-Jr is more than capable of accomplishing the task.
Real-time preset set, call, and reset functionality are available on the main display screen, making it easy for operators to manage and access presets without interrupting their workflow. The responsive silicone buttons are backlit for a comfortable user experience in low-light environments, making this controller ideal for a range of applications, including professional AV systems, broadcasting, education, telemedicine, video conferencing, houses of worship, and more.
Compact yet powerful, the BG-Commander-Jr is the perfect choice for anyone looking for a professional-grade joystick controller that provides complete control, durability, and compatibility.
Compact DesignPortable and can be strategically placed
4 color LED multi-screen displayReview settings at a glance
Simplified ControlsSeparated Pan/Tilt joystick and zoom keys for better control and reliability
Control PTZ Speeds7-level PTZ speed control with visual indicator
Quick SelectOne-button click for auto, manual, and OPT focus modes
Flexible CompatibilityWide compatibility allows for control of most PTZ cameras
- Password settings available
- Shows preset set, call, & reset in real-time on the main display screen
|Communication and Control Interface|
|RS422/RS485 Interface||Phoenix Contact 4 pin 3.81mm Terminal|
|RS232C Interface||DB9 Male Interface|
|LAN Interface||RJ45 Female Interface|
|Power Supply||JEITA Type 4 Female Interface|
|Upgrade Online||Micro USB Female Interface|
|Camera Control and Operation|
|Supported number of cameras||5|
|Communication Protocol||VISCA, PELCO P/D, UDP|
|Number of LED Displays||4 Units Color LED Display Screen|
|Number of Camera Channels||5|
|Zoom Mode||Tele-Wide Bridge Keys|
|Buttons||17 Silicon Button|
|Presets Short keys||5 Presets per Each channel|
|Focus Mode||Auto/ Manual/ OPT|
|Pan/Tilt Rotation Speed||7-Level Adjustment|
|Zoom In/Out Speed||7-Level Adjustment|
|AE Mode||The mode can be switched arbitrarily, and the value can be adjusted|
|Camera Menu||One-keys for call|
|Control Signal Format|
|Baud Rate||2400bps, 4800bps, 9600bps, 19200bps, 38400bps|
|Date Bits||8 Bit|
|Stop Bit||1 Bit|
|Internet Protocol||UDP / VISCA OVER IP|
|Power Supply and Consumption|
|Rated Voltage||DC 12V|
|Rated Current||0.3A max|
|Max Power Consumption||3.6W|
|Physical and Misc.|
|Password Privacy Protection||YES|
|Kingston's Lock Holes||YES|
|Working Temperature||32°F ~ 104°F / 0°C ~ 40°C|
|Storage Temperature||-4°F ~ 140°F / -20°C ~ +60°C|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||9.6 x 6.5 x 1.9in [244 x 164 x 48mm]|
|Gross Weight||2.43 lbs [1.1 kg]|
- 1x BG-Commander-Jr
- 1x 4-pin Phoenix Connector
- 1x Power Adapter
- 1x User Manual
- Knob 1 adjusts the camera exposure parameter or red gain value depending on mode selected.
- Knob 2 adjusts the camera exposure parameter or blue gain value depending on mode selected.
- Knob 3 adjusts the camera exposure parameter. Turning the knob to the right increases the camera exposure, while turning left decreases the camera exposure.
- LED Display: Displays the values adjusted by knob 1.
- LED Display: Displays the values adjusted by knob 2.
- LED Display: Displays the values adjusted by knob 3.
- Zoom Bridge Key: Controls the camera's zoom in/out.
- Focus Functions: The [AUTO] button can be pressed to change the focus mode from manual to automatic or vice versa. The [OPT] key is used to trigger the camera's single focus mode.
- PTZ Speed Adjustment Knob: This knob is used to adjust the speed of camera Pan, Tilt and Zoom, with a total of 7 levels.
- 2-Axis Joystick: The joystick controls camera Up, Down, Left, and Right movement.
- Camera Select Buttons: [ CAM1 ] to [ CAM5 ] are shortcut keys for camera selection.
- Presets Function Zone: Set Presets, Call Presets, Clear Presets functionality.
- FOCUS Knob: This knob is used to adjust the camera’s focal length.
- Function Key Zone: [Menu Key] - Turn ON/OFF the camera menu by long pressing the [MENU] button for 3 seconds and the display will show the system menu.
[AE MODE Key] - The [AE Mode] key is used to change the automatic exposure mode of the camera.
[ WB MODE Key ] - The [WB MODE] button is used to change the white balance of the camera.
[ Fn Keys ] - The [Fn] button is reserved for adding custom functions.
- LED DISPLAY: It is used to display the current status & settings of the keyboard in real time.
- Upgrade Interface: Use a Micro USB cable connected to a computer to upgrade the hardware of the keyboard.
- RS422/RS485 Interface: Connect and control a camera through RS422 or RS485 for control.
- RS232 Interface: Connect and control a camera through RS232.
- LAN Interface: The LAN Interface is used for connection to a network switch to connect to a networked PTZ Camera.
- DC Power Supply Interface: Connect to provided power supply.