8x8 4K UHD HDMI/HDBaseT/Audio Matrix Switcher with 2-Way IR/ARC/Ethernet/IP and RS-232 Control
The BG-UM88-100M-KIT is an eight input 4K HDMI matrix with eight HDBaseT outputs. With Ethernet passthrough for all receivers, bi-directional IR passthrough, and full audio matrix functionality, this powerful switcher provides system-wide routing, control, and management from a single centralized unit.
HDBaseT technology allows an uncompressed HDMI signal to be transmitted over a category 6 cable at distances up to 100 meters (328 feet). When combined with the eight mirrored HDMI outputs, this allows the BG-UM88-100M-KIT to send 4K@60Hz 4:4:4 video to sixteen displays.
Connectivity & Features
The BG-UM88-100M-KIT supports resolutions up to 4K@60Hz 4:4:4. The HDMI 2.0 ports are HDCP 2.2 compliant and transmit video at speeds up to 18Gbps while supporting Dolby Vision, HDR10+, and HLG formats. With the HDBaseT outputs, 4K@60Hz 4:4:4 video signals can be extended to distances of up to 328 feet (100 meters) over a single Category 6 cable. Each output performs 4K to 1080p downscaling and supports ARC (Audio Return Channel). With 24V power over cable on all HDBaseT outputs, the BG-UM88-100M-KIT supplies power to each HDBaseT receiver, each containing dual LAN ports.
Full audio matrix functionality is possible with the BG-UM88-100M-KIT. This allows users to select any of the HDMI, ARC, 3.5mm, optical, or coaxial audio sources and assign them to any of the HDMI, 3.5mm, or coaxial outputs. Two 3.5mm stereo, one optical, and one coaxial audio input ports provide audio embedding from external sources. Audio de-embedding is available from all eight HDMI sources via analog audio (3.5 mm stereo) and digital coaxial audio outputs.
The BG-UM88-100M-KIT can be operated via the front panel menu, IR remote control, RS-232, or a detailed web interface. Bi-directional IR control is supported along with full IR matrix functionality. Smart EDID management via the front panel menu and web interface eliminate HDMI handshake issues for fast and reliable input switching. With bi-directional IR passthrough, RS-232 passthrough, and dual ethernet connections on each HDBaseT receiver, this powerful unit provides a centralized backbone for system-wide control and connectivity.
Stunning Image QualitySupports resolutions up to 4K@60HZ 4:4:4
HDCP 2.2High-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection Supported
HDRRich colors with Dolby Vision, HDR, HDR10+, and HLG support
Extreme RangeTransmit 4K video up to 328ft via a single CAT 5E/6/7 cable
Multiple Types of ControlTake control using Bi-Directional IR, physical buttons, RS232, TCP/IP, or Web interface
Any Source Any DisplayBroadcast any of the 8 inputs to any of the 8 mirrored HDMI/HDBaseT outputs simultaneously
- Supports 4K->1080P Down-Scaling
- HDMI audio pass-through up to 7.1CH HD audio (LPCM, Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio)
- Supports ARC functionality on local HDMI and HDBaseT outputs
- IR matrix and Audio matrix are supported
- Smart EDID management
- 24V power over Cat5e/6/7 on all HDBaseT ports
|HDCP Compliance||HDCP 2.2 and HDCP 1.4|
|Video Resolution||Up to 4K2K@50/60Hz (4:4:4)|
|Color Space||RGB, YCbCr 4:4:4/4:2:2/4:2:0|
|Color Depth||12-bit (4K), 16-bit (1080P)|
|HDMI Audio Formats (Pass-through)||PCM 2.0/5.1/7.1CH, Dolby Digital/Plus/EX, Dolby True HD, DTS, DTS-EX, DTS-96/24, DTS High Res, DTS-HD Master Audio, DSD|
|Coax Audio Formats||PCM 2.0, Dolby Digital / Plus, DTS|
|L/R Audio Formats||PCM 2.0|
|HDR formats||4:4:4, 4:2:2, 4:2:0 (10,12bit deep color) HDR10, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, HLG|
|Infrared||20KHz ~ 60KHz|
|ESD Protection||Human-body Model: ±8kV (Air-gap discharge) , ±4kV (Contact discharge)|
|Input Ports||8xINPUT [HDMI Type A, 19-pin female]
10xIR INPUT [3.5mm Stereo Mini-jack]
2xStereo Audio [3.5mm Stereo Mini-jack B]
|Output Ports||8xHDMI OUTPUT [HDMI Type A 19-pin female]
8xHDBaseT port [RJ45]
9xIR OUTPUT [3.5mm Stereo Mini-jack]
8xRS-232 [3-pin Phoenix connector]
8xStereo Audio [3.5mm Stereo Mini-jack]
|Control Ports||1xTCP/IP [RJ45]
1xRS-232 [D-Sub 9]
|Input Ports||1×HDBaseT IN [ RJ45] 1×IR IN [3.5mm Stereo Mini-jack]|
|Output Ports||1×HDMI OUT [HDMI Type A, 19-pin female] 1×IR OUT [3.5mm Stereo Mini-jack]|
|Control Ports||1×SERVICE [Micro USB, Update port] 1×RS-232 [Phoenix jack] 2×LAN [RJ45]|
|Dimensions||TX: 17.3” (W) x 14.3" (D) x 3.5" (H) [440mm (W) x 362mm (D) x 88mm (H)]
RX: 6.4” (W) x 3.6" (D) x 0.7" [ 163mm (W) x 90.3mm (D) x 18mm (H)]
|Weight||TX: 15.2 lbs [6.9Kg], RX: 0.86 lbs [392g]|
|Power Supply||AC 100 - 240V 50/60Hz|
|Power Consumption||128W (Max)|
|Operating Temperature||32°F ~ 104°F / 0°C ~ 40°C|
|Storage Temperature||-4°F ~ 140°F / -20°C ~ 60°C|
|Relative Humidity||20~90% RH (non-condensing)|
|Resolution / Distance||4K60 - Feet / Meters|
|CAT5e/6/7||328ft / 100M|
|Resolution / Cable length||4K60 - Feet / Meters||4K30 - Feet / Meters||1080P60 - Feet / Meters|
|HDMI IN / OUT||16ft / 5M||32ft / 10M||50ft / 15M|
|The use of “Premium High Speed HDMI” cable is highly recommended.|
- 1x 8X8 HDMI and HDBaseT Matrix Switch
- 8x HDBaseT Receiver
- 1x Matrix IR Remote
- 1x 100~240V AC 50/60Hz Power cable
- 1x RS-232 serial cable (1.5 meters, male to female head)
- 16x 3-pin Phoenix Connector
- 9x IR Blaster cable (1.5 meters)
- 10x 20~60KHz IR Receiver cable (1.5 meters)
- 18x Mounting Ear (Matrix and Receiver)
- 1x User Manual
- OLED screen: Display matrix switching status, input / output port, EDID, Baud rate, IP Address.
- Power LED: The LED will illuminate in green when the product is working normally, and red when the product is on standby.
- OUTPUT / INPUT buttons: Press an output button (1-8) first and then press an input button (1-8) to select the corresponding input source for the output port.
- MENU / ENTER / UP /DOWN: Use the menu to adjust EDID Settings, Baud rate settings, IP Address Check.
- POWER button: Long press the POWER button for 3 seconds to enter the standby mode, then short press it to wake up the device.
- IR Window: IR receiver window, it only receives the IR remote signal from this product.
- LOCK button: Short press the LOCK button to lock front panel buttons (Except the power button); Press it again to unlock.
- IR EXT: The IR receiver cable can be inserted to the “IR EXT” port to receive the IR remote signal.
- AUDIO IN ports: L/R, optical and coaxial audio input ports, connect to external audio source devices such as PC or DVD.
- IR INPUT ports: Connect to the IR receiver cable, the IR receive signal will emit to “IR OUT” port of the HDBaseT Receiver.
- IR OUTPUT ports: Connect to IR blaster cable, the IR emit signal is from the “IR IN” port of the HDBaseT Receiver.
- RS-232, DIGITAL & STEREO OUTPUT ports: RS-232 port (1-8): Connect to a PC or control system by 3-pin phoenix connector serial cable to transmit command between the Matrix and HDBaseT Receiver.
DIGITAL port (1-8): Coaxial audio output port, connect to audio output device such as audio amplifier via a coaxial cable.
STEREO port (1-8): Stereo audio output port, connect to an amplifier or speaker via a 3.5mm audio cable.
- TCP/IP port: This port is the link port for TCP/IP control and connects to an active Ethernet link by an RJ45 cable.
- RS-232 port: Connect to a PC or control system by D-Sub 9-pin cable to control the Matrix.
- GND: The housing is connected to the ground.
- POWER input: Connect to 100~240V AC 50/60Hz power cable.
- INPUT ports (1-8): HDMI input ports, connect to HDMI source devices with HDMI cables.
- OUTPUT ports (1-8): HDBaseT ports connect to HDBaseT Receivers via CAT cables. HDMI output ports, connect to HDMI display devices such as TVs or monitors with HDMI cables.
- LAN: This port is connected to a router and the LAN port of the HDBaseT Receiver can connect to internet devices such as a PC.
- Power LED: Power LED indicator, LED will illuminate when the device is connected to a power supply.
- SERVICE port: Firmware update port.
- DC 24V: DC 24V/1A power supply input port.
Note: The Matrix supports POC function.
- HDBT IN: Connect to the HDBaseT output port of the Matrix with CAT cable.
- Connection Signal Indicator Lamp (Green): Solid: Matrixand Receiver are in good connection status.
Flashing: Matrix and Receiver are in poor connection status.
Dark: Matrix and Receiver are not connected.
- Data Signal Indicator Lamp (Orange): Solid: HDMI signal with HDCP.
Flashing: HDMI signal without HDCP.
Dark: No HDMI signal.
- IR IN: Connects to the IR receiver cable, the IR receive signal will emit to the “IR OUT” port of the Matrix.
- IR OUT: Connect to the IR blaster cable, the IR emit signal is from the “IR IN” port of the Matrix.
- HDMI OUT: HDMI output port, connect to HDMI display device such as TV or monitor with an HDMI cable.
- RS-232: Connect to a PC or control system with a 3-pin phoenix connector cable to transmit commands between the Matrix and the HDBaseT Receiver.
- LAN ports: Connect Ethernet cables to these ports to provide a wired Ethernet connection to local devices.