How to Connect the NewTek TriCaster Mini with Joystick Controllers
- 1. Connect the PTZ cameras and controller to a network switch.
- 2. Set each device connected to the switch to DHCP.
- 3. Connect the switch to a single NDI port on the TriCaster Mini.
- 4. The connected devices will be given addresses in the same IP range and will now be able to communicate with each other and with the TriCaster Mini in this configuration.
- a. The first network interface will assign 172.16.0.x, the second interface will assign 172.16.1.x and so on.
- b. When the IP addresses are assigned take note of them.
- 5. Once the devices have had their IP addresses assigned, you will be able to turn off DHCP and statically assign them to the devices so they do not change in the future.
- a. So long as the switch is always plugged into the same port on the TriCaster, the devices will talk to one another and the TriCaster.
- 1. If you wish to access the connected devices via the local Wi-Fi network or using another device other than the TriCaster, connect the network switch to the local network and it will be able to assign IP addresses to each device instead if a DHCP server is present.
- a. If the TriCaster detects a DHCP server on the connected network switch, it will disable the DHCP server feature on the TriCaster (i.e. use the local network).
- b. The TriCaster must be turned on after the switch has already established a connection to the network for this to work.
- c. In this manner cameras should be accessible from the local network as well as the TriCaster.