How to Connect an IP Camera to Your BG-Commander Joystick Controller
- Power up and connect the joystick to your LAN via ethernet cable to a PoE enabled network switch.
- When the joystick powers on, select the [SETUP/MENU] button to enter the settings menu.
- Using the control stick to navigate, move down to select option 4 “Network Attribute”
- Once selected, toggle to the right to change the setting option from “STATIC” to “DHCP”
- Press [ENTER] or the button on top of the control stick to select DHCP mode. Press [ENTER] again to confirm and the controller will restart and obtain an IP address from your DHCP server.
- Once set, select the [SETUP/MENU] button again, and go to option 1 “Add Network Device” and press [ENTER]
- Here, you will add in all your IP camera information:
- CAMERA: Enter the desired camera address. Ex. enter  for camera 1
- PROTOCOL: Visca(UDP) *Recommended for all BZBGEAR IP Cameras
- IP ADDRESS: Enter your camera’s IP address (ex. 192.168.30.189)
- PORT: This is for the IP VISCA port number. (Default is 52381 for VPTZ cameras, 1259 for all other BZBGear Cameras), press [ENTER]
- USERNAME/PASSWORD: This will automatically fill in when using VISCA protocol
- Next, press the [ESC] button twice to go back to the main screen. Select the camera for control. This can be accomplished using the [CAM 1-7] buttons. Ex. Press [CAM 1] button for camera 1. Your camera is ready to be controlled.
- Repeat this process to add other cameras in your system.