The BG-CAB-U3A is a USB 3.0 type-A male to type-A female active optical extension cable and is available in various lengths from 15m to 50m. This cable converts USB data signal to optical signal over fiber and supports bandwidth speeds up to 5Gbps. It features full shielding for error-free data transmissions, over-current protection, and supports UASP functionality with Windows 11, 10, 8, and USB 3.0 hosts.
With its ability to draw power from a connected device, this fiber optic cable doesn’t require an additional power source to support USB 3.0 speeds. In addition, this optical fiber cable supports all USB 3.0 devices (not compatible with USB 2.0/1.1) and is to be used with self-powered peripherals only.
- USB 3.0 Type-A Male to USB 3.0 Type-A Female
- Supports USB 3.0 @ up to 5Gbps transfer speeds
- 850nm VCSEL transmitter and PIN photo-detector receiver
- Supports all USB 3.0 devices (not compatible with USB 2.0/1.1)
- Use with self-powered peripherals only
- Supports all major operating systems including Windows, Mac OS, and Linux
- Converts USB data signal to optical signal over fiber
- Fully featured Optical Transceiver integrated circuit includes a receiver and a transmitter
- Number of devices can be increased using additional hubs